Archer T3U-Plus can't be connected via USB3.0 and is constantly losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T3U-Plus can't be connected via USB3.0 and is constantly losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-28 16:56:43
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1030.29.618.2019

TPLink Archer T3U-Plus loses connection every 1-2 minutes then has to be reset to be able to connect again. Even though it shows me the wifi it wont allow me to connect unless I reset the adapter. Windows tell me this device can be connected via USB3.0 but it IS connected via an USB3.0 port.

- USB3.0 port is wokring correctly

- newest driver are installed (1030.29.618.2019)

- no other device connected via wifi has this problem

- router firmware is the newest available

- connection and speed are good as long as the device doesnt decide to stop working...

- for both the USB ports and the adapter energy saving option have been disabled to no effect

- firewall on or off doesn't have any effect on this

- all other drivers are uptodate

- newest windows version is installed (Windows10)

Options
11 Reply
Re:Archer T3U-Plus can't be connected via USB3.0 and is constantly losing connection
2020-06-28 17:13:09
Oh also: - Newest drivers have been reinstalled twice - Distance to router is roughly 5-6m with 1small wall. No other devices, even from worse or the same positions have this problem - Bought less than a week ago via amazon germany - Router is brand new and has a stable working 2.4 and 5 wifi network
Options
Re:Archer T3U-Plus can't be connected via USB3.0 and is constantly losing connection
2020-06-30 12:37:35 - last edited 2020-06-30 12:38:27

@CR93 This what I have done when I didn't get any help. 

1. Go to IObit and download IObit driver booster and update all your drivers. 

2. I've set my router's bandwidth to 80 MHZ for and channel 48 for 5G. 

2. I've sent my router's bandwidth to 40 MHZ and channel on Auto for 2.4 G. 

Now at least I can watch movies without getting disconnected. I've checked it for 2 days in a row now. It's been better than before. 

But uploading huge files to YouTube will still disconnect at high load. My internet speed is around 100 Mbps upload and download. 

Options
2020-07-01 11:10:01
I used a different software to update all drivers. But I think I am getting close to the root cause of the issue. I use a AVM Router I got from vodafone and apperently TPLInk adapters aren't compatible with AVM routers. There seems to be some security issues
Options
2020-07-01 22:06:11

@CR93 

CR93 wrote

I used a different software to update all drivers. But I think I am getting close to the root cause of the issue. I use a AVM Router I got from vodafone and apperently TPLInk adapters aren't compatible with AVM routers. There seems to be some security issues

Please update over here if you found the fix. Thanks in advance. 

Options
2020-07-06 17:14:40 - last edited 2020-07-06 17:15:15

@jasechiu 

I previously had my device banned on my repeater to force a direct connection to the router. Which worked just fine but for some reason it kept trying to reconnect and instead of connection to the router gave an error that it cannot connect to the wifi. I disabled the id ban and it now mostly connects to the router itself. Still having some hiccups but I am certain these are due to a problem with a router. But now it never needs to be reset to get a connections.

Options
2020-07-13 12:23:03

@jasechiu Small update: Definitely wasn't me, my Router, my PC nor my repeater. The issue is with the device itself. Apperently TPLInk refuses to spend money on proper updates, since the driver development is outsourced so the device is simply incompatible with Windows10. I recommend buying from a proper brand next time. I learned my lesson

Options
2020-07-13 15:43:42

@CR93 

I finally got to the root of the problem. My windows 10 was one of the issue. I probably did a registry clean up and that started it all. First, I used to connect it to USB 3.0 and everything worked like a charm, and probably after the registry clean up, my PC started to freeze whenever I plugged the adapter to USB 3.0 so I had to plug it to USB 2.0 and that's hell started to break loose. Constantly losing connection on high load. I couldn't find a fix even with TP link support. Until one day my PC crashed. It was the hard drive that failed. It was a huge blessing in disguise. 

I got a new hard drive and installed a fresh copy of windows, plugged my adapter into USB 2.0 and used the driver TP LINK customer care had provided. It was from RealTek https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202006/20200601/00015960-RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.38.0712.2019_Drv_3.00.0032.L.zip installed it and subsequently windows updated my driver automatically and again from RealTek.

Stilled had disconnection issues. Reason - I still plugged into USB 2.0. 

Now that I had fresh windows installed, I tried plugging into USB 3.0. Plugging into USB 3.0 did the trick (It stopped freezing because of fresh windows installed) I had no disconnection issue to date.  Still used the same driver provided by RealTek. I've uploaded 2 videos to YouTube of 3 GB each and it's yet to disconnect. I suspect it's the power issue. USB 2.0 isn't able to provide enough power to the adapter, because the upload speed of my service provider is around 100 Mbps. 

I am still testing it. Will update again after a week and see if this is the only issue of disconnection. 

Regards,

Options
2020-07-18 19:12:08

@jasechiu That definitely cannot be correct. USB2.0 can support the power needed 100%. In fact, if the bandwith gain from 3.0 isnt needed it switches automatically to 2.0. USB2.0 supports 480mbps. For me the device never actually runs in 3.0 even though it is plugged into USB3.0 port. I even unchecked the power saving options for the device. Nothings seems to work.
I got it to the point where it reconnects automatically but it still keeps dropping the connection every 5 minutes. I talked to customer support and send an answer showing I did all the steps but I haven't heard back yet.

Options
2020-12-23 22:45:41

@jasechiu This was the correct soulution for me, thanks for posting a functional driver. I was wondering how I got such a good deal on a decent USB 3.0 WI-FI adapter (about $18 on Ebay). My T3U Plus adapter kept thinking it was in a USB 2.0 slot, and was only getting about 97 Mbps download speed. But now with the drivers you posted it finally recognizes that it's connected into a USB 3.0 port and my internet download speed has now more than tripled up to 354.17 Mbps.

I had no problems with dropped connections or anything like that, just the adapter didnt recognize the USB 3.0 port as being 3.0 - It incorrectly seen it as USB 2.0 no matter how many times I re-installed the correct drivers (supposedly) provided by the manufacturer, and my internet speed wasn't up to its full potential. So this is purely a driver issue, at least in my case,

Options
2020-12-24 18:16:07
I installed the same drivers but my connection still falls and wont even let me connec to my 5G network Also when i connect first time it dissconnects my adapter and instanly connects back
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9019

Replies: 11

Related Articles