[Feature Request]: Deco P9: Backhaul Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-29 06:16:41
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

i've searched on the app and in the doc but i do not know the backhaul method used by my deco P9. For instance, if my P9 would be using a wifi instead of the powerline, i would troubleshoot to find out why.

Speed would be also a factor for troubleshooting but there is nothing unless there a cli/expert mode where i may ssh to the box ?

Thanks

Cedric

Options
1 Reply
Re:[Feature Request]: Deco P9: Backhaul Mode
2020-06-29 17:39:40

@Ced2ric 

This would be quite useful. 

I have a situation now where I am testing three of them. The main one is in the main room, second deco is in the second room. If I don't have a second one, the second room still gets faster wifi then with installing the second deco, because it uses in that case a powerline and it doesn't check what is faster(my case would be a wifi). 

If I would be able to manually select what I want, it would allow a better connection. 

I have tested this with copying big files from my nas:

- second room without second deco p9(using wifi from the main room) - 200-300Mbps

- second room with second deco p9(i am connected to the second one) getting speeds about 100-150 Mbps. 

Here I would obviously choose the WiFi backhaul instead of powerline. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 1

Related Articles