Extender stops working, all LEDs are blue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-01 15:06:35
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 build 20200212 release 67183

I have a Tplink Archer c20 router and a new Re305 extender. Previously, I had the tplink WA850RE extender as well (which also had the same issue which I'll describe below).I have paired my extender with the router using WPS. 

My Internet is working fine, I have uninterrupted connection when I'm connected to the main router. My issue is when I am connected to the extender. All 4 LEDs are always stable and blue. Devices successfully connect to the extender but after a while (anywhere from 2hrs to 2 days) the Internet connection is lost and I'm unable to browse any website. If I switch off WiFi on my device and try to reconnect to the extender - "unable to obtain Ip address" error is shown.

If I connect to the main router, its working fine.

If I switch off power supply to the extender and turn it on again then it starts working properly. For a while. After which I again get into the not working - reconnect - no IP address loop. 

I have connected to the tether app and both router and extender are on latest firmware. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Extender stops working, all LEDs are blue
2020-07-04 04:17:38

I have followed the setting mentioned in other posts. I have tried to set up DHCP ip pool. However I'm unable to set a range of IP addresses for the extender like some ppl have suggested. It's not available as an option under any settings. Please help. It's frustrating to restart the extender every few hours 

Options
2020-07-04 09:35:47

@Shreyascashyap i have the exact same model of router and extender with same firmware updates. Issue I'm facing too is exactly the same. Gets really frustrating to keep restarting whenever this happens just to see it stop working again after sometime. 

We really need help with this issue. Hope someone comes back with solution

Options
2020-07-07 08:41:51 - last edited 2020-07-07 08:42:45

@Shreyascashyap I spoke to the tech support and they suggested the following solution which seems to be working for me.

1. Ensure the extender is updated to the latest firmware version. 

Restart the extender.

2. Got to the routers page (Archer C20 configuration page in this case) and in there go to

Wireless 2.4GHz - Set the below

Mode - 11bgn mixed

channel - 11

channel width - 40 MHz

and save the changes.

Wireless 5GHz - Set the below

Mode - 11a/n/ac mixed

channel - 44

channel width - 40 MHz

and save the changes.

Note - My extender version is V3 (not sure if that changes anything in your case)

Hope this helps

Options
2020-07-12 10:44:54

@Premsagar33 

Thanks. I tried your suggestion. It is certainly better now. I still have the issue but its once in 1.5-2 days now instead of once every few hours. My tether app says there's no later firmware at all, dunno how you're on v3 and I'm on v1! 

Hope someone else has a fix for this

Options
2020-07-24 18:10:24

@Shreyascashyap 

i have the same issue i have tried a lot of things none of them work it is really fusterating i get amazing wifi when it works but then it just stops and i have to turn it off then on.

I saw that some poeple said that to fix this issue you have to go into the settings for your router and add the mac adress to the aproved list or something like that i am going to try it later hopefully it works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1434

Replies: 5

Related Articles