AC2300 fixed hours wireless drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-02 06:29:02
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20190923 rel.59091(4555)

Hey everyone,

I've been having this issue since i upgraded to a C2300 - I am not sure to this day if the issue lies with it, or my devices or my ISP but i've been trying for ages to find an answer...

Basically, on a perfect timing, my wireless (usually the 5Gzh) will drop, and although it's visible on my devices, i cannot connect to it for rougly a minute or so.

By perfect timing i mean to say that for about 48h it will drop at the exact same minute of an hour (so potentially today at let's say 11h45 then later during the day exactly XXh45)

It's not a fixed time, sometime will be every hour, sometimes every six hours... But the same minute applies always (to a point i pay attention to it to avoid gaming for example on critical timing...)

Here's what's on my network

• PS4 - Wired - Never impacted
  • Work laptop - Wireless 2.4 Gzh - Not impacted
  • Work laptop 2 - Wireless 5 Gzh - Impacted
  • Personal PC - Wireless 5 Gzh - Impacted
  • Android phone - Wireless 5 Gzh - Impacted

I have tried switching networks (mostly my Personal computer) and the issue seems to follow on the network i use (first hint i got)

Following that i've tried much so far without much success:

• Drivers updates or reinstall - No sucess
  • OS reinstall (need for also other reasons) - No success
  • Activating or turning off QoS - Seems to have made a very slight improvment but honestly i'm not even sure
  • Fixed IP on my PC - No success
  • Fixed Channels AND/OR Fixed frequency (i picked a channel & frequency where no other is on) - No success
  • DHCP lease checked - It doesnt match the frequency of crashes
  • Turned off Peer2Peer systems just in case - Seems to have slight improvment but again nothing really visible

Lastly, i've tried to check my logs, hoping to see anything but the only repeated (much actually) lines i see are the following

2020-07-02 08:25:16 led-controller[1007]: <6> 288051 Start to run WAN1_ON
2020-07-02 08:25:16 led-controller[1007]: <6> 288051 Start to run WAN0_OFF
2020-07-02 08:25:16 led-controller[1007]: <6> 288051 Start to run LAN_OFF

And no, they dont match the time of internet drops (which again, dont affect all the connections since Wired doesnt stop)

If anyone has any idea, i'll appreciate the support !

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 0

Related Articles