AC750 (TL-WR902AC) connection issue in Hotspot mode when hotel requires web login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC750 (TL-WR902AC) connection issue in Hotspot mode when hotel requires web login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-03 12:25:21
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v008a.0 Build 191209 Rel.57116n(5553

I just got the AC750 (TL-WR902AC) travel router (2020-07-01).

I want to use the travel router to connect multiple wifi devices (laptop, tablet and cell) at same time. To get access to the hotel wifi I need to do a web login.

I set my AC750 in hotspot mode. I used the wizzard at 192.168.0.1 to set the router.

Using only my laptpo (connected to the wifi of the router) works fine. Laptop uses Windows10. First time I open a web browser on my laptop I have to log on the hotel login web page. I enter the username and password I got from the hotel. My laptop is then able to go to the internet through the wifi connection coming from the AC750 router.

The problem happens has soon as I have 2 (or more) devices connected to the router. Within 2 minutes, my laptop and my cell (my second device) stop working on the internet. I need to log on the hotel's login web page again. If I log from the laptop, my laptop works again, my cell either and without the need to log on the hotel's login web page.... but for a few second, maybe up to 2 minutes. If instead I try to do the web loging with my cell, the cell can surf again but not the laptop unless I do a web login with it.

What heappens here? Is the hotel sees only one device or all devices connected on the AC750?

What can I do to get it work without having to re-log again and again?

Note: The hotel allows me 2 connected devices at the same time but the AC750 is supposed to show only one device connected whatever the devices connected to the AC750, right?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC750 (TL-WR902AC) connection issue in Hotspot mode when hotel requires web login
2020-07-03 12:29:25 - last edited 2020-07-03 12:32:44

@BenBel 

Another interesting information.

If I connect my laptop directly to the hotel's wifi and I set my laptop (windows10) to be a hotspot, it works fine and I can connect a few devices through my laptop without any issue. So the problem is not related to the hotel but to the tp-link router.

I still want to use my tp-link router. My family needs to connect to the internet when my laptop is turned off.

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4481

Replies: 1