Network speed drop - Dec M4 (E4R)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-04 05:57:22
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20190917

Hi,

I bought 3 Deco E4 Wi-Fi mesh devices about a month ago, and since installation, my network speed has dropped to a third of the broadband contract speed. I performed the trouble-shooting steps of connecting an Ethernet cable and doing a speed test with the main Deco and then, directly to the modem. Below are my average test speeds:

Broadband contract speed (download): 300 Mbps

Speed with laptop connected directly to modem: 312 Mbps

Speed with laptop connected to main Deco M4: 60 Mbps

Speed with Wi-Fi set up (main): 32 Mbps

I called the customer support team and the representative asked me to "downgrade the build version" to improve the speed. Does this step actually help with increasing network speed? Also, could someone please provide the link for downgrading the build version from "20190917"?

Thank you.

Sriram

Options
3 Reply
Re:Network speed drop - Dec M4 (E4R)
2020-07-04 16:58:03

@SriramS The E4R units won’t transfer more than 100mbps so you really don’t want them if you have a 300mbps contract speed. I made the same mistake and had to send them back. 

Options
2020-07-05 11:31:57

@Rameen,

Thank you so much for the assistance. It is a real bummer that the E4 only transfers upto 100Mbps (although the description on Amazon indicated that the "WiFi speed of up to 1167 Mbps." I now have to figure out a way of exchanging the E4 for M4.

Thank you again for your help.

Sriram

Options
2020-07-05 16:44:15
I agree about the description on amazon and that was the basis on which I returned mine. You have up to 3 months to return stuff so there shouldn’t be any argument from them. Good luck.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 908

Replies: 3

Related Articles