Can’t get RE300 to accept password for router/network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-05 08:06:47
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, After struggling to get the extender to connect to the router (which it managed to do, but I've no idea how), I ended up with 3 solid lights on the extender. I then moved the extender to where I want to use it and still have 3 solid lights.

However, I'm unable to connect to it, as it rejects both the password for the router (both default and a newly assigned one) and the password to join the network. It seems that it is the password to join the network that I need to use, as this is what I need to enter to reconnect my mobile devices to the router.

There seem to be an awful lot of similar questions here. I actually got rid of the previous TpLink gadget I had for this (over the electricity cables) for the same problem.

Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can’t get RE300 to accept password for router/network
2020-07-06 20:20:14

@TomBarkas I think I might have stumbled over the answer for this.  I'd managed to connect via WPS to both 2.4 and 5 but then when the extender was reset it wouldn't connect to the latter at all, telling me I was using the wrong password when I knew I wasn't.  I then logged onto the extender via a browser and the message was slightly different.  The problem with the password was that it wasn't a ten-digit number.  That is a limitation that I remember from many, many years ago but it would appear as though they've not updated the RE300 to cope with more flexible passwords.

Options
Re:Can’t get RE300 to accept password for router/network
2021-01-01 20:34:54

@BigFatCol Hello,

I used WPS to setup my RE300 last year and it worked well with the same WiFi password as my Zyxel router, and it is alphanumeric.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tony

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1219

Replies: 2