Connect AC750 in Hotspot mode to network requiring a UN and PW?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-05 16:05:15
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just purchased this router to use on my boat. My Marina has an open wifi network that requires a user name and password. 

All setup goes fine, however it detects Dynamic IP mode, but there is nowhere for me to enter the user name and password I am required to enable internet access. As such it stays connected with no internet.  Where is the setting to populate UN and PW? I though I read someone else say to just connect to it and try to access the web and the login page for my Marina should show up, but it does not.  Any help is appreciated. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connect AC750 in Hotspot mode to network requiring a UN and PW?
2020-07-06 08:38:24

@TonyCanuck 

Please refer to this FAQ to configure TL-WR902AC as Hotspot Router:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2032/

If you need the Username and Password to get the Internet, the WAN connection type please choose PPPoE, here you can type in the username and password.

You don't need to detect it if you are sure you need the Username and password to get the Internet.

Look forward to your reply!

Options
Re:Connect AC750 in Hotspot mode to network requiring a UN and PW?
2021-11-28 11:25:10
Hi, I have the same problem, even if I put my username and password via PPPoE, it still demands only one password without username at the end. I think it is not compatible with that kind of public wi-fi...
Options