Deco M9 select source signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 select source signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
62 Reply
Re:Deco M9 select source signal
2021-01-30 08:15:08

@TP-Link 

Please option select the source signal.

Options
2021-02-14 17:52:21

@TP-Link  Yes, would love the access. I have three Deco -- one in the basement, one on the first floor and one on the second. It started out working great with the second floor deco connecting to the first floor deco as a signal source. But now it goes to the basement source and my internet quality stinks. 

I have ordered another deco single unit in the hopes that this will help, but I'd love the firmware update to see if perhaps that isn't even necessary.

Thanks.

Options
2021-02-24 11:40:06

@TP-Link_Deco when we can expect the update to happen for selecting sigbal source. This is really problematic for layouts where the node connected with internet is not at the center but at the end.

Options
2021-03-11 22:52:14

I would love this feature as well.... 

Options
2021-03-16 02:34:41

@TP-Link , could you please send the link to the beta firmware? Currently one of the decos always connect to the farthest deco and the connection is not stable all the time.

Options
2021-03-25 22:59:56
Me too
Options
2021-04-15 02:53:28

@TP-Link Please provide me the Beta Firmware for Deco M9 Plus for improving the source signal selection, thanks!

TP-Link wrote

@Psych101 

Hi, All!

Currently, we have a beta firmware for Deco M9 plus which could help satellite Deco to find the best uplink Deco and optimize its signal source.

So the beta firmware might improve the issue Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco

And if anyone with more than three Deco M9 plus, was suffering from this issue and wanted to test the beta firmware, please leave me a private message with the following information:

1.  the network structure about how each Deco is connected;

(if possible, please help us mark their relative distance)

PS: the beta firmware would be updated via web UI and could be reverted back to the official firmware.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-04-15 17:38:50

@RazSh @TP-Link 

Same for me please :

I have 5 M9 deco plus in my house but i have the same probleme as everyone.

My main m9 is in the living room.
The bedroom is 20 meters away from the Living room .
The second bed room is 20 meters away from the bedroom.
The office is 10 meters away from the second bedroom and same for the guest bedroom.

Every M9 connects to the main bedroom which is not logical as the office should connect to the second bedroom which should connect to the main etc...

Could you please share the beta version so i can update my m9s so they can choose the source ?

There is no way to choose the source and they all connect to the main one which is very far.

Please share the link and how do i update via web GUI ?

Thank you  

Options
2021-05-13 10:28:13

@TP-Link_Deco  hi i need the one, cause this problem cause me

Options
2021-05-23 11:03:25

@TP-Link_Deco 

HI I'm facing the same issue with 3 deco units. I would like to participate inn the suggested beta program if possible. Thank you! 

Options
Related Articles