speedtest different results.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-06 19:43:18 - last edited 2020-07-06 19:46:01
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.6

answer this...... just bought 3 node system up and running all fine. come to do somespeed testing and getting full speed all over the house according to 5he built in speedtest in the app.... great ! ..............however

moving around the house i was suprised to see full download speeds in the garden and studio at the rear of the garden ... even across the other side of the street .... i got really excited then ! ......... the fly in the ointment is as follows.. the speedtest in the app is powered by and is the  same as the freestanding okla  speedtest app so it states  swapping between the two and standing in the same spot with the same device my 375mb dload speed on the deco app was in fact only 27mb on the standalone okla app!

so this made me investigate more .....two different devices ( s7 samsung and ipad air 2) 10 attempts on each device in different locations consistently showed much much lower speed results on the speedtest app rather than the deco version.

basicaly, it looks like the deco speedtest is completley inflating the results...

anyone elsetried this or can offer an explanation?

Options
2 Reply
Re:speedtest different results.
2020-07-08 16:18:32
The Deco speedtest tests the speed from the main Deco to the internet. The standalone one measures from wireless device to the internet.
Options
Re:speedtest different results.
2020-07-08 19:17:15

@richpriest 

hi thanks for answer .

if the deco only tests from the main node to the internet ie  its  only checking the wired part from the ethernet backwards to my isp , then its not really being that informative regarding how your home network is performing around the house. i could get exactly the same info from my vm hub 3. i suppose maybe i expected too much.... but it would be useful if it was possible to see what node you was connected to at any given spot and the speed from that point, otherwise its still guess work as to how my network has improved if at all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 600

Replies: 2

Related Articles