Can't change the channel on Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't change the channel on Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Can't change the channel on Archer C6
2020-07-10 08:39:32

@aTOMic1971 Thank you so much for sharing the settings. It helped a lot. After tinkering with the settings I was manage to make the connection somewhat solid. Changed the mode to G/N Only instead of B/G/N Mixed as of now to check the stability. So far the Beta firmware is working better than the official stable version.

There's one more issue I came across yesterday. When I was checking the connection in WiFi analyzer app in my phone, It was showing me another hidden network having the same mac address. Is my router broadcasting second network? Is there any problem?

Options
2020-07-10 08:54:32

PrakR wrote

@aTOMic1971 Thank you so much for sharing the settings. It helped a lot. After tinkering with the settings I was manage to make the connection somewhat solid. Changed the mode to G/N Only instead of B/G/N Mixed as of now to check the stability. So far the Beta firmware is working better than the official stable version.

There's one more issue I came across yesterday. When I was checking the connection in WiFi analyzer app in my phone, It was showing me another hidden network having the same mac address. Is my router broadcasting second network? Is there any problem?

@PrakR 

The hidden network is for ONEMesh only, but you can not disable that. It`s encrypted, so i dont think its a security problem. As far as i know, it broadcasts even if WLAN is switched off. OneMesh is since fimrware 1.3.0. I dont think its a problem because normaly its not seen by normal wireless clients.

In my opinion it is better when there would be a switch to completly turn off OneMesh. I use it and it seems stable for me using Tplink RE300 as a One Mesh device.

If you wish to remove that, in the forum is another beta firmware 1.3.1 that disables this, but then you have no OneMesh support.

But if your router becomes stable now, leave it for the moment.

Best Regards.

Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options
2020-10-22 17:34:11

even  i  have TP Link Archer C6 MU-MIMO router configured  it  with  2.4 GHz -Auto (Current Channel 8) &  5 G- Auto (Current Channel 40)

Just recently updated the firmware using the inbuilt upgrade option.
Firmware 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel 57406(4555)   upgraded to  1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

now unable to change the  Current Channel  40  to others  ...

looks  bug not fixed in 1.3.6  

Options
2020-10-22 17:44:02

@coolguys 

Hi, 

and you have SmartConnect deactivated ?

Best Regards.

Options
2020-10-23 11:53:49
after disable SmartConnect able to see options to change Channels , but for 5 GHz able to see 36 to 48 only
Options
2020-10-23 15:30:58

@coolguys 

Hi,

this is normal. The C6 EU V2 only supports channel 36-48 on 5Ghz.

I don`t know if there is anything planned for this in the future.

Have a nice day,

Best regards.

Options
2021-08-22 23:22:58
Oh, seems like other brands have this wireless thing going on? Interesting, meantime just gonna use another modem and use that wireless instead. cheers
Options
Related Articles