archer c6 and lots of issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 08:05:33
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20200402 rel.52000

Hi there

Anyone else having issue with this device?

Network: just a 100mbit connection from the provider. 2,4+5ghz enabled, few devices on wifi, one on the cable. Device is about new - bought a month ago.

All the time i run ping -t to the router, gateway and google to see what the issue is when my connection gets crappy.

And it does often. At least few times a day i see ping to the router goes 500ms-1500ms. Usually when I reconect to another band it is better. Router is set to self-restar early morning but still I often need to restart it during the day to make it work again.

Sometimes it gets better in seconds, sometimes it wount untill I restart the device.

What is wrong with it? see more of such issues when googling for c6.

Options
8 Reply
Re:archer c6 and lots of issues
2020-07-11 15:15:12
Hi, not sure if i can help you, but try the folowing settings. If you have enabled 2.4ghz guest network, disable it. Turn off IGMP proxy under IPTV. Then test again. Best regards.
Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options
2020-07-11 19:58:41

@oulymouly Thanks! both options are off in my case. I think I already disabled all extras. Actually I had the same issue minutes ago - no internet so I swithed to 5ghz and interet is back

Options
2020-07-11 20:16:51

@oulymouly 

Ok, when you have 100mbit line from isp, you can try to disable the nat boost option in system parameters..

Its only for 200mbit and up to get faster nat, but can give issues too .

Options
2020-07-12 08:00:05

@oulymouly 

This firmware has disappeared from the download, it has appeared again. I had problems with him at 5ghz. I have 1.3.6 beta, it works great, but I want to have a final product, not an unfinished one.

Options
2020-07-12 10:11:51 - last edited 2020-07-12 10:59:05

@oulymouly seems we have a solution here! thanks a lot. I got the router with the broken firmware. Getting back to tplink after few years and looks it still is keen for shortcuts in quality department.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/208968

Updated to beta and fingers crossed it will fix the issue. I was about to buy another router. Me and my wife are working 100% remote during pandemic so you can imagine the happines when it happens over a calls etc.

definitelly it is not a gaming router as durinig normal operations ping the the router is in range of 1-100+ms and is fluctuating. Thats a lot.

Options
2020-07-12 11:00:54

Hi,

Now we can choose between 4 firmwares 1.3.x, every one helps a bit, but no one gives a solution for all users. 

And its not only the C6, the forum is full of problems with wifi.

We can only test and find the best solution for us.

At the moment i must say all 1.3.x firmwares are buggy, some will help users and for others they will not help. They are not tested well.

We must wait for the next stable release. :( .

Best regards.

Options
2020-07-27 08:56:17

@aTOMic1971 how the 135 works for you? the beta one I have just hanged on wifi again.

Options
2020-07-27 16:22:28

@oulymouly 

Hi,

Version 1.3.5 runs good for me, running it since it came out. But I see not much difference between the other 1.3.x. Disable Guest 2.4GHZ works for me. And i dont need it.

Except for BETA 1.3.6, there i loose the whole 2.4GHZ more frequently. I`ve seen the bug first when i enabled the 2.4GHZ Guest.

But i use OneMesh and all my devices are in that. Except for a Samsung TV that uses the 5 GHZ Guest. Don`t know what happens, when i use my devices without that.

I also have 2 smart devices on the 2.4GHZ in OneMesh, they are always online and when they loose the connection, i`ve have to reconfigure them. That only happens with 2.4Ghz guest on.

For me the 2.4Ghz has not died since 2 Weeks.

The C6 runs in router mode, but only working as an accesspoint.

Is there any other using the OneMesh feature and having problems ?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2601

Replies: 8

Related Articles