PROBLEMS WITH INITIAL SETUP OF DECO M5 NETWORK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 14:46:00
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi All, 

I hope you're all doing well during these difficult times. 

I recently installed a Deco mesh system in my house with 3 units, one main and two slaves that are all wired using cat-6 cables. 

THE SYSTEM IS WIRED IN THE METHOD BELOW:

• MODEM
    • MAIN DECO M5
      • TP-LINK TL-SG1005D (SWITCH)
        • SONY SMART TV (connected to switch with 10 meters of cat-6)
        • DECO M5 SLAVE TERRACE (connected to switch with 20 meters of cat-6)
        • DECO M5 SLAVE OFFICE (connected to switch with 30 meters of cat-6)

DECO ADVANCED SETTINGS:

• IPV4: PPPOE
  • IPV6: DISABLED
  • LAN IP:
    • SUBNET MASK: 255.255.255.0
  • DHCP SERVER:
    • START IP: 192.168.68.100,
    • END UP: 192.168.68.250,
    • DEFAULT GATEWAY: 192.168.68.1
    • PRIMARY & SECONDARY DNS: BLANK
  • IPTV/VLAN: DISABLED
  • MAC CLONE:DISABLED
  • ADDRESS RESERVATION: NONE
  • PORT FORWARDAING: NONE
  • TP-LINK DDNS: DISABLED
  • SIP ALG: ENABLED
  • UPNP: ENABLED
  • FAST ROAMING: ENABLED
  • BEAMFORMING: ENABLED
  • LED CONTROL: ON
  • OPERATING MODE: ROUTER
  • NOTIFICATIONS: ENABLED

• GOOD THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED SO FAR:
    • All decos have solid green lights and the iOS app says they are online and in good health.
    • The Sony smart TV is working and fast over ethernet.
    • I updated the main Deco and it has the firmware version 1.4.4

• BAD THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED SO FAR:
    • When adding the 2 slave decos, the automatic deco finder couldn't find them no matter how close I placed them to the main deco and I eventually had to installand connect them using the direct bluetooth method on the app once it failed enough times and gave me that option.
    • The firmware version on both the slave decos are 1.1.6
      • I have tried updating the decos through the app, but it says that my network is uptodate.
    • even though there is a green light on the slave decos, when I stand next to them my wifi doesn't switch to it from the main deco and sometimes cuts out altogether.
      • Either all my devices refuse to switch from one unit to another or the slave decos are not out putting any wifi signal. 

I do not have much experience with networks, wired or otherwise so I'm a bit dead in the water here.

Any help would be very much appreciated, my kids are going to begin their e-learning classes soon and I need to get this sorted beforehand.

Thanks so much in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:PROBLEMS WITH INITIAL SETUP OF DECO M5 NETWORK
2020-07-14 09:47:25 - last edited 2020-07-14 09:49:36

If you have a computer (PC/Mac) you can do;

- Download the latest firmware from https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/deco-m5/#Firmware (or your local site if you're not in the UK)

- Browse to the IP of the main Deco (you can find this in the Deco mobile app under Advanced -> LAN IP), and log into the interface using your TP Link password.

- Once into the webpage, you can see the other decos in the Deco Map, and click on one of the slaves to find the IP.

- Browse to the slave IP and log in again, then click on Advanced (at the top) -> System (on the left) -> Firmware Upgrade and follow the instructions

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 407

Replies: 1

Related Articles