Deco P9 extremly unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 20:49:05
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My three Deco P9 WiFi is terrible, if I am lucky it last 3 hours before I need to reset the router. I have 100mbit fiber and it is working, Deco is not. Latest firmware. I have tried to use just one of them, two of them... same result. EXTREMLY unstable. When they are working, they are good.

What shall I do? Send them back? Please help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 extremly unstable
2020-07-12 10:26:08

@Kolbackx 

If you can send them back then I recommend it as I have not been able to get them stable after the last firmware update.  They were more stable previously if I disabled fast roaming.  They do work okay as access points so far but not as the main router (though I just changed to a different router an pout the P9's in to AP mode yesterday).

Options
2020-07-12 11:25:38

@_hpcsyspro_  I am using one P9 as a router, prefer not to buy another router (then I can equaly buy another mesh brand).Tried to turned off fast rouming but with no luck. Is there any new firmware on the horizon?

Options
2020-07-12 21:04:24

I was using a P9 as a router up until yesterday and never got it stable. If you can return them and get something else that is my recommendation.  The product is not stable in the router mode which is not acceptable in a working from home situation. The last firmware ( not sure if you can down level the firmware ) is unstable and the older firmware has serious issues as well but it was more stable.  Turning off fast roaming just made the P9 router slightly more stable if no one was in the house is it was stable while we were on vacation for a week.  It also seem like it goes unstable when people are moving through the house with devices.

If you can return the device then return it and if not well you can buy something else as a router and run the Deco P9 in AP mode. 

Another option is to try a different unit as the main unit but that is really just a delaying tactic most likely to get to the conclusion that the P9 units are useless as a router.

The last firmware update is from May 2020 and the previous one was like August 2019 so I would not hold out any hope that there will be another firmware update anytime soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 843

Replies: 3

Related Articles