Archer AC600 T2U Nano V1 not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 21:46:58 - last edited 2020-07-11 21:49:08
Model: Archer T2U Nano  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I recently upgraded my router to a TP-Link Archer C60 and it's working fine. But since it's a dual band router I bought some dual-band adapters to the desktops in my house.

I decided to buy 3 units of the Archer T2U Nano Adapter and I'm having a REALLY BAD experience with them.

The adapter is able to find just a few random networks, usually my 5GHz and 2-3 other random networks from the neighbors. The 2.4GHz signal is stronger than the 5GHz one, why would the adapter be unable to find it? With a computer literally next to the router the adapter doesn't find my 2.4GHz network. To make matters worse, the connection to my 5GHz network is really unstable.

Since the adapter is advertised as dual-band and it can't find a 2.4 GHz Network with the computer stanting next to the router the only conclusion I have is that the problem is in the adapter itself or in the drivers. I tried installing the drivers from the CD that came with the product and from the TP-Link website, to no avail. I tried using it in 5 different computers, just to get the same behavior. A TP-Link adapter that I bought many years ago has a performance MUCH better than this new one, although it's not able to see 5GHz networks.

Right now I'm really disappointed because I bought not one, but 3 units of a product that doesn't work. My desire right now is, if I'm able to, just to return them and buy another ones. Could someone please help me?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1487

Replies: 1

Related Articles