Deco E4 backhaul issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E4 backhaul issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco E4 backhaul issues
Deco E4 backhaul issues
2020-07-13 10:29:24 - last edited 2020-07-14 23:02:26
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190917 Rel. 75120

All Deco are connected via ethernet to the modem of the ISP, which has 4 LAN ports.

DHCP Server and Wifi of the modem is turned off or disabled.

Setup of Deco:

Deco 1 - Ground Floor (where the modem is located)

Deco 2 - 2nd Floor Bedroom (just above where the modem and Deco 1 is located)

Deco 3 - 3rd Floor

Backhaul

Deco 1 - directly connected to the modem via ethernet, is the Main Deco

Deco 2 - directly connected to the modem via ethernet, signal source is Deco 1 on wifi backhaul

Deco 3 - directly connected to the modem via ethernet, signal source is Deco 2 on ethernet backhaul

On the app, it loads slow, I have adequate 35 Mbps (download and upload speed) of fiber internet, so it seems that the app needs further improvement. Implement GUI based configuration if internet is unavailable, this is for troubleshooting and diagnostics purposes. Also allow multi-login, if one owner and one manager is using the app at the same time.

ISSUE:

Why is Deco 2 connected on wifi backhaul instead of ethernet backhaul when its LAN port is connected?

Why is Deco 3 connected on Deco 2 if Deco 1 is the Main Deco unit?

All 3 LAN port of the modem where the Deco units are connected is blinking, indicating the ethernet of the Deco units are working.

Why is the app does not sync in real-time? It has a really big delay.

I would really like to use ethernet as the main backhaul to all of my Deco units.

Options
12 Reply
Re:Deco E4 backhaul issues
2020-07-14 23:00:12

Hi,

Is there anyone who can help with my issue?

Options
2020-07-15 13:29:19

emjhay wrote

ISSUE:

Why is Deco 2 connected on wifi backhaul instead of ethernet backhaul when its LAN port is connected?

Why is Deco 3 connected on Deco 2 if Deco 1 is the Main Deco unit?

All 3 LAN port of the modem where the Deco units are connected is blinking, indicating the ethernet of the Deco units are working.

Why is the app does not sync in real-time? It has a really big delay.

I would really like to use ethernet as the main backhaul to all of my Deco units.

@emjhay 

Have you restarted Deco 2 since connecting the ethernet cable? Have you checked that the cable is performing correctly? (it may be blinking on the port, but if it is damaged it may only be able to connect at 10Mbps)

Options
2020-07-18 14:33:15

@richpriest 

Hi, I already restarted all Deco units including reseting via the reset button on all Deco units but still the same issue.

I am using CAT 6E UTP cable with a durable RJ45 clip. But the modem LAN ports are 100 Mbps.

New issue:

Deco 1 - Main Deco unit, connected through ethernet to modem LAN

Deco 2 - offline due to maintenance in the room where the Deco 2 is located

Deco 3 - connected through ethernet to modem LAN, backhaul is wifi to Deco 1

So, what happen is some devices does not connect immediately. Upon resumption of Deco 2, it just blinking red, I had to turn off Deco 3 in order for the Deco 2 to backhaul through Deco 1 via wifi. It still resumes to the original backhaul as per issue on my first post here.

Options
2020-07-22 13:29:25

Hi,

Can anyone help me with another issue I am experiencing?

Also the Deco app syncs very slow and is not realtime.

Options
2020-07-23 23:27:15

Hi,

Anyone who can help with my issues?

Options
2020-07-24 23:17:27

Hi,

Any help on my issues?

Options
2020-07-27 11:33:03

Any help out there? sad

Options
2020-07-27 11:56:30

@emjhay 

Probably not much help from me but Factory Reset the Deco 2 and reconfigure; use Cat 5e cables on all the Deco units if you're connecting via Ethernet. (Cat5e will still support Gigabit ethernet).

Virgin Media 200Mb+ SuperHub (Modem Mode) -> ASUS Router (WiFi Off) -> three Deco M5 units (in Access Point operating mode).
Options
2020-07-28 06:30:55

@Chiswick_Singh 

I already reset all of my Deco units but it does not help, it still stays to the first issue where Deco 3 connects ethernet backhaul to Deco 2 and Deco 2 connects wifi backhaul to Deco 1.

I used CAT6E UTP branded and high quality cable from Optronics which is also used by the recent Restructured Network Cabling at our office.

Options
2020-08-12 05:55:25

Hi,

Anyone or anybody who can answer on my issues?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1867

Replies: 12

Related Articles