Deco E4 backhaul issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E4 backhaul issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Deco E4 backhaul issues
2020-08-13 14:12:44

@emjhay 

Quick clarification first. Are you using all Decos as Access Point or there is a main Deco as a router ?

If there is a main Deco as router, your topology is incorrect, you should remove all slaves Decos from ISP router and using a ethernet switch to connect all to main Deco's second ethernet port.

Here some more information about the correct topology https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1794/

Options
Re:Deco E4 backhaul issues
2020-08-26 04:00:48 - last edited 2020-08-26 04:03:31

@vidotfra 

Hi,

My Deco E4 is operating at Router Mode on the Deco app, so meaning I am using the functions like NAT, Parental Controls and QoS. If I set the Operating Mode to Access Point then I will not be able to use the functions like NAT, Parental Controls and QoS.

With regards to my topology, the LAN cables are already fixed on beside the modem, so I have in no way be able to do another round of another construction renovation just to do the correct topology.

The thing I did is disable the DHCP of the modem, so it now act as a switch, so I manually configure on the WAN settings on the Deco app the IP address of the modem.

Well, hope that there is a much better and most suitable alternative on this issue.

Options
Related Articles