WR841N - Restrict access to all internet except specific times

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-14 17:49:01 - last edited 2020-07-14 17:50:08
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 150320 Rel.57500n

Hello,

I want to setup a restriction so our router only allows access to the internet at specific times per day, for all computers. 

I´ve looked inside the Parental and Access Control sections but I can't work out exactly how to make it work correctly.

There are 6 different units (phones, tablets & computers) connected with IPs between 192.168.0.100-106

I want all connections to have internet access to all internet between 4pm and midnight. Outside of these hours no access to any internet.

How would I set this up?

Options
2 Reply
Re:WR841N - Restrict access to all internet except specific times
2020-07-14 18:20:34

For instance... I see I can use Parental Control...

I add my own MAC address, so that all other computers can not access internet at all. Ok, that´s easy....

Then I have to add each of the other computers on the network, individually I guess (I want to add ALL others, automatically - Can this be done?)? It´s a bit lame that by default I have to add each connection manually and can't just have the same rule for all.

The main issue with Parental Controls is there are 8 slots for "Allowed Website Name"... This isn't enough, there are millions of websites and I want the kids to have access to everything, not just "8 sites".... is there something I can put into box one to define the INTERNET rather than 8 sites?

The effective time, I added a schedule - "Standard 1600 - 0000". Assume this is correct as that is when I want to allow them to have internet.

See screenshot of my settings with notes of where I have questions.....

Options
Re:WR841N - Restrict access to all internet except specific times
2020-07-14 18:49:01

Regarding "Allowed Website Name"

I found this listed in some TP-LINK FAQ..

Enter the allowed domain name of the website, either the full name or the keywords (e.g. tp-link) in the Allowed Website Name field. Any domain name with keywords in it (www.tp-link.com, www.tp-link.com.cn) will be allowed.

So is there a keyword I can write to allow all internet sites?

That would resolve my problem, I believe.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 505

Replies: 2

Related Articles