Fast Roaming & BeamForming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-17 02:32:36
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi I recently installed 5 Decos  M5s in a 3 stroy house.

4 are connected via ethernet and 1 via antenna 

When I walk throughout the property I notice the Wi-Fi drops.... this is specially noticeable when I am on FaceTime video calls

Even more frustrating once I am near a unit I still have poor signal where my video is looking pixelated to the other user.

If I hang up the call and call again then it is clear.

I'm just frustrated because this is my first Wi-Fi mesh system and I thought that I would have a seamless connection experience espcailly that I have 5 units.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Fast Roaming & BeamForming
2020-07-17 02:41:06

@Bedscrunchie I have some similar issues but only with Apple devices...

Options
Re:Fast Roaming & BeamForming
2020-12-09 15:45:04 - last edited 2020-12-09 15:48:15

Same here; iPhone 7 hates video conferencing on my Deco 5 network. I have turned off fast roaming to see if this fixes things. I clicked "Network Optimization" in the Deco Android app and it found congestion on the WiFi channels it was using. Deco then automatically fixed this. It's worth checking.

I should also add that all video conferencing on the Deco is pretty terrible, regardless of device, regardless of app (I've tried them all). My ping, download and upload speeds are amazing (5ms, 30-300mb/s, 30-300mb/s), so it's got to be the Deco. If I connect directly to my telco's router and bypass the Deco, video conferencing works fine.

Options