L2TP connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

L2TP connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
L2TP connection problem
L2TP connection problem
2020-07-22 13:57:32 - last edited 2020-07-23 08:14:19
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 180614 Rel.40494n

Hello friends,

I need your assistance to set L2TP in a TP-Link router over the ADSL connection in another device. 

I recently bought a TP-Link Router TL-WR840N and I'd like to connect my Xbox to the server via this L2TP tunneling protocol (because that server is blocked on our ISP!)

In addition, I had a cable DSL modem/router that already is connected to the Internet in PPPOE mode and works properly.

For configuring TP-Link Router I plugged the WAN port to DSL modem LAN port and start to set associated settings.

Firstly, I choose Quick Setup on the left-side menu, click next and choose "Wireless Router" as an operation mode. (Is it correct?)

After that, I select L2TP/Russia L2TP in WAN Connection Type page and hit next,

On the third step, the L2TP information was required.

I entered the username, password, and Server address that was given from VPN Provider,

and between two options Addressing Type, I choose Dynamic IP.

And finally, at the further step, I configured Wireless Settings and finished the wizard.

------------

Now, I haven't access to the VPN connection over those devices. The Internet connection is working, but as before, the server is blocked and the Xbox doesn't connect to its server. I went to WAN configuration on the TP-Link router and as demonstrated in the following screenshot, the Internal IP address is null. Obviously I tested the VPN connection on an easier solution (cisco anyconnect app on the mobile phone) and it worked properly.

would you please give me any advice to solve this problem? any recommendation is appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:L2TP connection problem
2020-07-25 09:35:06 - last edited 2020-07-25 09:35:53

Is anyone there? Can you hear me?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 1

Related Articles