DHCP problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP problem
DHCP problem
2013-02-02 00:44:55
Region : Argentina

Model : TG-3269

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TG-3468

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : PlusNet

I recently installed a TG-3468 Network Adapter. Now, whenever I boot up my computer the process is delayed about 2 minutes with a message that quickly displays all the patent numbers, then the MAC address, then holds for a long time with the letters DHCP and a flashing cursor. I have tried to resolve this via the Belkin (wired) router, but without success. So far, the Technical Support Engineer, Lina Zhou, has not been able to help. Can anyone suggest how I should resolve this issue and get back to my previous fast boot up time?
GrahamB
Options
3 Reply
Re:DHCP problem
2013-02-02 14:25:47
GrahamB, post more details. For example, your operating system, screenshot of error message, hardware version etc.
Make sure your other devices are working properly with your Belkin router.
Try to update your driver.
Options
2013-02-05 14:06:21
Thanks Ada, I will try again, using your suggestions. But, as I told Lina Zhou, I can't take a screenshot as this delay message occurs before the operating system (Win7) loads. All other devices work properly with the Belkin (2 laptops and 1 printer). The new TP-Link network adapter is model TG-3468, version 2. Will check again for updated driver, although I've done this once. By the way, I am in the UK: I don't know why my details refer to Argentina!
Options
2013-02-08 13:26:24
Success! I have just come across FAQ 331 after clicking on the network adapter icon on the Products screen. This indicates the need to set the the 'boot order' to 'ROM disable' in the Configuration Menu for the adapter. (When first booting, press shift+F10 to open the menu, then F4 to save change.) Why couldn't their Technical Support Engineer have told me this at the outset? It would have saved me a lot of agro.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 3

Related Articles