Which deco is best for connection stability? M9 or m5?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-25 11:24:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

My brother has big concrete house and he has been using the deco M5 for two years and it has been great in all aspects with great connection stability and speed but the coverage and range has degraded over time.

Now I'm planning to buy m9 plus for my big house and i feel it's more powerful than m5. However, I'm concerned about the connection stability with m9 as I've read in this forum some people having connectivity issues after the update. I care most about connection stability and one of the reasons for me to buy the deco series. Is the issue has been fixed with m9 plus and which deco do you recommend me to buy? M9 plus or the m5?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Which deco is best for connection stability? M9 or m5?
2020-07-25 12:30:12

@Monsterfj I have been using the M9+ with 3 units for 6 weeks using the 1.2.11 firmware. I have a 500/500 fibernet connection and using the Deco as router. Everything is rock solid, I have not experienced any downtime.

I am eager to install the new 1.4 firmware to get web access to the mesh router, but I have been holding back to see if any problems are reported here  with the new firmware. 

Options
Re:Which deco is best for connection stability? M9 or m5?
2020-07-25 13:10:00

@cacb Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

My concern is with the latest update because you know if I buy it new it will automatically push the latest update through the app I guess.

I need some more feedback regarding the latest firmware of the M9+

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 906

Replies: 2