Archer T6E DHCP Server - Invalid IP Address (169.254)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-26 07:55:48
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 7.35.317.1

Hello, I recently bought an Archer T6E v1.8 and my desktop is on Windows 10 Pro 1909. It's currently installed in my PCI-e 1x slot. I've tested all the possible drivers that I know of for it as well as its Broadcom chip: TP-Link's v1 and v2 drivers on their site, the ASUS broadcom 7.35.317.1 firmware, and most recently, the T6E Driver_BCM_4352_QAM256_win10_beta driver that was provided to me by TP-Link tech support. When testing each driver, I made sure to disable Windows automatic driver installation and uninstalled previous drivers. In the Device Manager, it states that the network adapter is working correctly. The following problem has occurred with every driver:

I can see other networks and attempt to connect to my landlord's router, but I'm unable to receive a valid IP address and therefore no internet connection. When opening a cmd prompt and typing ipconfig -all, the IP address always starts with 169.254. Googling tells me this has to do with being unable to connect with the router's DHCP server and I'm currently waiting for my landlord to return home in order to reset the router for me (I'm unable to physically access it). I've tried all manner of workarounds in the cmd prompt to no avail including: ipconfig /release, ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /renew, netsh int ip reset. I am able to connect to the router on this desktop using my other USB network adapter (Netgear A6100), my laptop, and my phone.

Each time I tested different drivers, I used the right-click > Diagnose tool in the Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections. At the end of diagnostics, it constantly states to investigate router or access point issues and tell me to reset the router. I'm hoping that a simple router reset will fix it, but for now since my landlord is away, is there anything else I should try? The following are screenshots of the ipconfig -all command using my working USB network adapter and the Archer T6E:

Netgear A6100:

TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 v1.8:

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T6E DHCP Server - Invalid IP Address (169.254)
2020-07-29 12:40:38

@Kathy_Z Hello and thank you for the help. I apologize, but I've already returned the network adapter to Amazon and bought an Archer T4U instead. And yeah other devices such as my laptop and phone could connect to the router fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 887

Replies: 2

Related Articles