Disabling 5ghz frequency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disabling 5ghz frequency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Disabling 5ghz frequency
Disabling 5ghz frequency
2020-07-27 02:43:46 - last edited 2020-07-28 01:55:30

Hi

Does anyone know how I disable the 5ghz frequency from the EAA225 tp link extender. It currently operates with two frequencies 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Disabling 5ghz frequency
2020-07-28 12:19:06

Hi @MikeC1,

Welcome!  That's actually a home/residential product.  You might do better to post your question over in the residential wifi forum.  I've not used that specific product before, but I would (naively) assume that it would have a web admin page.  If you point a browser at the IP address of the extender, I would assume that it would have a configuration page.

But I could be wrong, it may just blindly re-broadcast the SSID's of the AP it's joined to.  Have you checked the manual?

-Jonathan

Options
Re:Disabling 5ghz frequency
2020-07-30 05:59:14

@MikeC1 

MikeC1 wrote

Does anyone know how I disable the 5ghz frequency from the EAA225 tp link extender. It currently operates with two frequencies 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Do you ask about the Omada access point EAP225?

For the EAP225, you could refer to this setup video to log into the web management page in Standalone mode, and then go to Wireless --> Wireless Settings, select 5GHz and disable 5GHz wireless radio. If you still have trouble, please feel free to contact TP-Link tech support in your region.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 2

Related Articles