Powerline adapter time delay

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 09:24:44
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am using a pair of TL-PA717 powerline adapters to connect my new birdbox IP camera to my router so that I can then view images on my PC.

Images are arriving OK but with a time delay of a second or two.  Is this due to a slow connection speed of the adapter link or due to software in my PC ?

Grateful for any suggestions

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline adapter time delay
2020-08-03 22:14:08

@Kathy_Z 

Thanks for your response

In answer to your questions

1  I tested my speed sometime ago and got 4.3 Mbs download, 7.6 Mbs upload which the camera supplier said is not great but OK

2 I am using free CMS software recommende by the camera supplier ( www. gardenature.co.uk). I dont know if it is CMS5

3 Today I  took the camera downstairs and used a 2m long ethernet cable to pug directly into the router without using the powerline adapters. The images stll showed a time delay of several seconds.

4. In the present test set up the camera is only 2 metre from the upstairs adapter and the downstairs adapter is about 2 metres from the router. If I ever get it working the camera will be about 30 metres from the powerline adapter.

What could be storing the images to produce the delay of several seconds ? The CMS software ? , the router? or could the camera itself have some memory ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 2

Related Articles