Deco X20 on BT Broadband Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-01 20:38:59
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 20200709 rel 49821

Hi,

Thought I would go with Deco X20 but am having problems with router mode.

I have a BT MT992 G.fast modem and was hoping to use the Deco X20 as my main router in the same way that i did with the M9 Plus.

I have found that everthing appears to connect fine (green light on deco), IP and DNS addresses are picked up from BT, I can even do a deco speed test with good results.

However all my browsers show the following service notice.

I am using the username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT as was previously successful with my Deco M9 so really cannot understand what is going on. I cant help but think it's the firmware.

Has anybody else seen this behaviour on the X20 on the latest firmware?

SERVICE INFORMATION

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your internet browser and internet applications before attempting to reconnect. This may clear the issue immediately, if not then please select the appropriate action from list below.

1. Your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request, please wait and reattempt later or contact your service provider for more information.

Or

2. You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain, check your user details.

Or

3. You are testing your connection using bt_test_user@startup_domain. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider

Or

4. You are testing your connection to your service provider using bt_test_user@domain. where "domain" is your Service Provider domain name. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider.

Or

5. The access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. Your service should be resumed soon. Please try again later or contact your Service Provider 

Page maintained by BTWholesale
-- Deco X50-POE user
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X20 on BT Broadband Not Working (resolved)
2020-08-01 23:05:02

Just a note to say I managed to solve this one.

Basically rather than copying and pasting the PPPOE username bthomehub@btbroadband.com, I had to type it in manually and save and everything sprang back into life.

I used the password: BT

Not sure why it didnt like the paste as it looked perfectly fine.

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1223

Replies: 1

Related Articles