Experiencing very unstable connections with my Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-04 07:04:01 - last edited 2020-08-04 07:30:04
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

Apologies if this topic has already been covered and addressed,

A couple of months ago I upgraded my home WiFi from an ancient 2.4Ghz router to a AX1500 paired with a Deco M4,

Everything was all fine in the first month or so, however just a few weeks ago I have started to notice very significant unstable connections when connecting to my Deco.

Now pretty much all the time my Speedtest shows very high ping 12+ m/s and above with very high jitter (between 17 to 50), and also my speeds are always bellow 50Mbps and also it seems to have alot of connection drop-offs when conducting the Speedtest, and this only happens when I am connected to the Deco. 

Connecting to my AX1500 router puts out great results at 200-250 Mbps, 5 m/s of ping and 1 ms of jitter. However what is mind boggling is that this was never an issue during the first month of usage, back then the Deco would always show better results versus the AX1500.

I've taken the simple troubleshooting steps, I've resetted my deco countless of times but to no avail. Also I tried to disable my AX1500 2.4G and 5G wifi networks as I heard that it could cause an interference with the Deco's wifi signal. But disabling the AX1500 wifi for some reason even made the Deco perform way worse.

Does anyone have any idea on anything I can do to try and resolve this? 

I have just recently picked up a LAN switch as I heard running the Deco as the main router instead would make the signal or connection more stable. If I go this route I will completely remove the AX1500 from the equation. Do you think this might be a plausible solution?

Any advice wouild be greatly appreciated,

Thank you & Regards!  

Setup:

ISP Modem > AX1500 Router > Deco M4

P.S.
Am on a Unifi 300mbps package if anyone is wondering

Options
1 Reply
Re:Experiencing very unstable connections with my Deco M4
2020-08-04 16:33:09
Sorry for your troubles but I have the M5 and experience the very same poor performance. Nothing I have tried has made a difference so unfortunately I can't shed any light on a solution.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 836

Replies: 1

Related Articles