Range extender WA850RE keeps getting reset very often

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-06 08:30:37
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I've been having problems with my range extender. It keeps getting reset very often, almost once every day and loses all the configuration of the host and extended network. I need to re-configure it afresh to be able to use the range extender.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest version available for the model, but it still did not help.

Does anybody have a solution for this issue?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Range extender WA850RE keeps getting reset very often
2020-08-11 03:19:58

@nageshs1 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

For your case, could you please help us check the following information:

1. How long did you have the device and when did this issue start?
  2. May I know the model number of your main router?
  3. When the 850RE reset himself, did you notice if there were any changes about the LED lights?

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Later the related support would get in touch with you for further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-08-11 05:13:57

@Solla-topee 

1) I've had this range extender for about 2 years now. I've started having this issue since about 3 months. Earlier I used the range extender for a couple of hours only in a day, but over the last 4-5 months, the usage has increased a lot and I'm using it for almost 12-14 hours in a day.

2) My main router is D-Link DIR-615.

3) When the range extender resets, only 2 LEDs are on, one is the power LED and the other is the WiFi LED. All LEDs are off and I need to reconfigure the range extender again from the scratch with the host network and extended network again through the Tether app for it to start working again.

Request your support to resolve this issue. As I already mentioned in the previous mail, I've upgraded to the latest firmware version available to see if it improves, but unfortunately the resets have become even more frequent.

Regards,

Nagesh

Options
2020-08-13 06:40:51
Good day, Thank you very much for your kind reply. In this way, may I know where are your located? Maybe there are something wrong with the extender and it needs to be replaced. Thank you
Options
2020-08-13 07:48:32

@Solla-topee

I am located in Bengaluru in India.

Will you be arranging for a replacement?

Options
2020-08-18 03:56:08

@nageshs1 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

You could reach to the local India support team to check for the warranty since they are responsible for it:

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 909

Replies: 5