Archer AX6000 Access Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-07 23:28:13
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20200212 rel.7095(5553)

Hello and a pre-emptive thank you to any advice and/or suggestions.

I am new to the TP Link series and just replaced my Asus router with an Archer AX6000.   So far, everything is great with only one road block.  This road block 'might' be the tipping point that makes me return to my old Asus router, unless someone can help me.

On the Asus router, I had mulptile networks setup.  I've setup the same networks on this new AX6000.   On the Asus, when I enabled mac filtering, it applied perfectly to my non-guest networks, leaving the guest networks as they should be, password only, no mac filtering.   Who wants to have to update a mac filter every time one of the kids friends comes by and wants to jump on the guest network?    With the AX6000 I've found that whitelisting seems to have taken the place of mac filtering and seems to do the job, with the exception that when I enable the Access Control, it seems to apply it to every network, including the guest network.  This essentially makes my guest network useless.  Part of my profession involves working with over 800 cell phones and there's frequent need to jump one onto the guest network to do some updates.

Is there any way to make the access control apply only to the non-guest networks?

Thanks again,

Steve.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Access Control
2020-08-07 23:47:19
I jsut got the same router and found the same limitation. It's really sad. Also, right after turning it off to relocate it, the router lost all its configs and was reset to factory settings. This is very annoying because it configure everything differently. I'm not impressed with this router at all.
Options