EAP110 Outdoor Lan Down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP110 Outdoor Lan Down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP110 Outdoor Lan Down
EAP110 Outdoor Lan Down
2020-08-09 21:13:19 - last edited 2020-08-11 01:20:32
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have an EAP110 Outdoor that I use over the summer. It was working last year but I turned it on this year and it's not connecting to the router.

I've reset it and reconfigured with a static IP but when I check the status of the LAN port it says Down. This is on the monitoring page.

I can't see it on the router summary page, can't connect through a LAN cable and it does not have internet. Any thoughts??

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP110 Outdoor Lan Down
2020-08-12 01:45:52

Hello @igloo01 

I've reset it and reconfigured with a static IP but when I check the status of the LAN port it says Down. This is on the monitoring page. 

What's the LAN IP of your router? Did you reconfigure the EAP110-Outdoor with a static IP to match the router's network?

Please verify if you can log into the web management page of the EAP110-Outdoor by referring to Situation 2 from the guide below.

How do I login to the web management page of the EAP Series products (Standalone mode)

If you can log in the EAP110-Outdoor via the LAN connection, EAP110-Outdoor ------(PoE) passive PoE injector (LAN)-----PC, then the LAN port of the PoE injector should be working fine. As for the issue that the router cannot see the EAP110-Outdoor, it's suggested to try another LAN port on the router, and try a different cable if there is.

Hope this information is helpful. Best regards.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-19 22:32:22

@Fae Yes, I entered a static IP address and the gateway for the router. I can access the web management page but only by setting DHCP details and then logging in.

I have done some more investigation and it appears the connection is intermittent. I have a long ethernet cable running from the PoE injector to the access point. When the LAN cable is plugged from the injector into a TP Link powerline adaptor you can see the LAN light on the powerline adaptor flashes on then off a few times. Once it stayed out, but most times it stays off after 3-5 flickers, over about 30 seconds.

I also connected with a different LAN cable from injector to access point. It flickered again but 1 time, after a few power cycles, the connection stayed and I was able to connect to the internet. When I unpluged and tried again I had the same issue as before.

I think there might be a faulty connection somewhere, since it did work once without changing any settings. Do you think this could be the injector or is the access point broken?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-20 03:31:00

@igloo01 

Thank you for the update. 

Yes, I entered a static IP address and the gateway for the router. I can access the web management page but only by setting DHCP details and then logging in.

If you have to set the DHCP manually on the PC to access the web management page, you may check the static IP address you set for the EAP, ensure it is in the same IP subnet with the router, and it's not used by other devices in the network. BTW, if you set the EAP with DHCP instead, would the EAP obtain an IP address automatically from the router? If it works, why not using with DHCP on the EAP?

I also connected with a different LAN cable from injector to access point. It flickered again but 1 time, after a few power cycles, the connection stayed and I was able to connect to the internet. When I unpluged and tried again I had the same issue as before.

Do you mean the LAN light on the Powerline adapter flashes for a period of time and you won't get internet access until it turns to steady on? How about the LED on the EAP and the injector? What's the model and hardware of the Powerline adapter?

Not sure if it's caused by negotiation between the devices through the cable or not. If you connect the LAN cable from the injector to the router instead, do you have to wait for a period of time to get the LED stay steady so that you are able to access the internet? Are you using CAT5, CAT5e or CAT6 cable? How long is it?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1513

Replies: 3

Related Articles