Where will the Deco android app update from

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-11 06:07:26
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

! Please note, the model this thread is about is not listed. It's the tall E4R Mesh system.

Hi.

I'm using a mesh E4R system in Tunisia I bought in the EU (DK).

On TP-Link's homepage is clearly stated, I should update from the purchase origin and not where the unit(s) are operating.

If I use the Deco android app, I'm using my account - now I don't remember which county I associated my account with or if I associated my account with any country at all ? Does the Deco android app use geo-location ?

- my issue is.

How do I check from where the Deco android app will download and update my Decos from ? How do I check the details of my TP account ?

Don't want to brick my wonderful Deco E4R mesh system :)

Thanks for advice

Jake

Options
3 Reply
Re:Where will the Deco android app update from
2020-08-13 01:40:56

@jakobjoergensen 

Good day.

The time and location settings of the Deco APP is auto sync with your mobile phone.

And as for the firmware update about the Deco system, it would send request to the nearest TP-Link cloud server and server would push the newest software to the Deco for customer to update;

Thank you~

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2020-08-13 05:10:49 - last edited 2020-08-13 09:19:50

@Myapps 

Thanks for the answer

So I should or shouldn't worry updating me E4Rs (3 units) from another continent than the one I bought them in ?

All the best,

Jake

Options
2020-08-13 05:42:45
Hi, you should not worry about this potential~:-D
Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 593

Replies: 3

Related Articles