Archer AX11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer AX11000
Archer AX11000
2020-08-11 19:55:56 - last edited 2020-08-11 19:57:09
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1_200216

Hello,

I am not a beginner in Networking, intall not setup.  At this time I do own various routers, Including the Netgear R7900P, Asus 87U, and of course the horrible brick of Archer ax11000 V 1.6

The Archer is a huge disappointment, I did purchase this router because it was on sale, is a Wi-Fi 6, and was actually not sure if I wanted it as it is the huglkiest thing I have ever seen.

This router is not only problematic, is slow booting, slow Wi-Fi connectivity, the only good thing so far I ahve found is it reaches furhter then any other router, but because is failures is unstable in Wi-Fi.  I get better restults with the Netgear R7900P then the TPlink ax11000. Somethig that should not be due to the class of router, both are not nor suppose to be equal.\

Other issue with the TPlink is their firmware updates are slow and very sporadic to say the list. I beleive many fo their issues are firmware related. Are they lazy or just Incapable?

Using streaminf applications like Firestick or similar the Netgear gives much better quality and speed, something that should not be.

Also I do have a smart home, meanng everything is connected to the Wi-Fi network.  What a shame, this will probably be my last TPlink product. 

I did speak to their support an they think we are all idiots, I did try befoer calling, to reset,  update Firmware, and re start all setup from Scratch the second time worked better, but Wi-Fi still crap overall, I do not suffer of any disconnection, jsut no real speed at all, whch majes thsi router unstable and makes some apps buffer when they should not as well as the image quality is better on the Netgear using and setting up both the same way.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000
2020-08-12 01:18:47

@forsalink 

probably best to opt for exchange or return. one thing similar with both our unit is the range. maybe next time, do your research first before purchasing to save you headaches.

Options
2020-08-12 16:09:36 - last edited 2020-08-12 16:12:59

@wakokokoyz '  Thank you for the reply, but I actualy did my reserch. I  have never been to kin in lessoning to others nor I am today, I like to arrive to my own conclusions.

To many people post comments because they really do not know how to use a modem, router etc. Which its OK, as it is not for everybody.

I really do not care to spend the money and test it my self, which I did.  I also have various modems  right now testing the Netgear CM1100 also I have many routers that I like to test.  Will be testing the AX11000 form Asus which I am almost sure, its a much better router then the TP-link AX11000.

I also Beleive TP-link could fix many issues if they just spent time in updating there Firmware whch is full of flaws.

I will not be returning it nor exchanging,  it is going directly to the trash or a school.

Again Thank you for the comments. They are very much appreciated.

Options
2020-10-08 16:24:16

Since i got couple mounth ago i got a TP-LINK Archer ax11000

Got Problem, it Was the WIFI, they fix it

But Now , My TPLINK Give the NAT ip address of the Modem

into the tp-link Wifi mainly, and also with all my Virtual OS

when i connect Wired

I Factorize the modem and TPlink Same Problem

i send a report to Support , but for the price i Pay , i did not BUY BUGGY Hardware

i Buy a Fonctionnel Hardware !

I tire of this , can i Enjoy me internet

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 982

Replies: 3

Related Articles