Network status test failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-05 07:16:44
Region : Italy

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Alice (Telecom)

I bought some days ago Tp-Link Wireless Router (Model TL-WR740N - 150 Mbps - Ver 4.23) but I couldn't install it: when I do Easy Setup Assistant, the network status test always fails because of absence of connectivity. I can see that there are some problems by the lights of the router: the WLAN light switches on, as the WAN light and the LAN light, instead of being flashed. I tried to do the installation without cd but, clicking on 192.168.1.1, I didn't find the page to access to web console but the Telecom page of the status of my connexion (nb: it reports that ethernet is unplugged). Why isn't there any data streaming?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Network status test failed
2013-02-05 11:56:39
WAN and LAN on means "there is a device linked to the corresponding port but there is no activity.".
Check default gateway on your PC and it should be login IP address.
If nothing, try to hard reset it by pressing reset button about 15 secs with power on
Try again. If you login, check this instruction http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=138
Options
2013-02-23 07:06:55
Thank you Ada for the answer, even if it wasn't helpful =) i didn't find a solution for my problem, so i chose a second way: i installed the router on another pc and now it's ok :cool:
Options
2013-02-23 07:43:22
Default login page for WR740N is 192.168.0.1. It is very likely that the wired network adapter on your first PC is set up with a static IP address that is on a different network.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 941

Replies: 3

Related Articles