My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-12 21:18:26 - last edited 2020-08-26 02:41:46
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Couple of days back my windows 10 laptop was updated and since then the USB wireless is unable to detect the 5ghz band. The same adapter used to work 3 days back..

Windows 10 OS 64bit

Intel core i5

Steps tried:

The adapter driver was uninstalled/ reinstalled 

Laptop restarted

Wireless mode is set as Auto

Options
2 Reply
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update
2020-08-20 14:10:51

Kathy_Z wrote

@RajkumarGeorge 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

Did you update the windows to 1909?

Was Archer T2U not able to connect any 5ghz network, or not the one of the main router?

May I know the model number of your main router?

And if possible, please try to change the wireless advanced settings, such as channel 40/48, channel width 40mhz for 5Ghz;

Please also try to update the following driver to see if this helped:

Archer T2U_V3

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191128/T2Uv3_windows_Driverfils.zip

How to use the driver: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

Thank you very much!

Dear @Kathy_Z, Thank you. Hope you are doing well.

1. The laptop runs with the latest windows update. I can check and confirm the verion shorlty.

2. Archer T2U was working with 5Ghz in the same laptop prior to the upgrade, now the same adapter when connected to a different Laptop (not updated) is able to connect to the 5ghz from the same router/ap

3. I could potentially rule out the issue with router/AP (im using it as AP only) as the same AP is able to connect with 5Ghz on other devices including the Archer T2U when connected on a different laptop

4. I already have the latest driver downloaded from your website I had even tried uninstalling and installing again. Didnt work though.

Options
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update
2020-09-08 05:46:31

Dear @Kathy_Z ,

Please note the below inline responses.

1. Please check the system info and driver info about your computer https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/;
    • The Same T2U when connected in a different laptop works and is able to connect to 5Ghz
  2. What is the model number for your wireless router and AP?
  • Dlink Unifi DIR 842
  1. Was Archer T2U not able to detect any 5ghz network, or just the one of the main router/AP?
  • It can connect to the same AP/router from a different laptop/PC but not from the laptop which went through with latest windows update.

I hope this helps. Please have someone contact to assist further.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1155

Replies: 4

Related Articles