'Aggressive / Hijacking' Smart DHCP under AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

'Aggressive / Hijacking' Smart DHCP under AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:'Aggressive / Hijacking' Smart DHCP under AP mode
2021-03-11 01:17:15

@TP-Link_Deco  when will you be issuing 1.6.0 with the disable SMART DHCP option - this has been over 6 months now since the issue was raised?!!

Please issue the fix for the S4 range too.

Options
2021-04-15 19:42:53

@atca this is rediculous. If I knew this I hadn't bought the expensive currently useless deco set! 

This was the last TP-link device ever in my house!

Get this done asap!

My home network is malfunctioning. No, correction, this infiltrated device is malfunctioning! 

Options
2021-04-15 20:17:40

@ArcoW  Same here. I only found this after buying. :(

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/181548?page=1

Options
2021-04-20 05:00:06

@TP-Link_Deco 

It's been >6 months since you hinted the 1.6.0 firmware would fix the DHCP issue.  I just installed a 3-pack of the M9, whose latest firmware seems to be 1.5.1, with a build date of January 26 of this current year.  Unless I have a hard date given in the next day or so, this mesh system will go back in the box.  It looks like TP-Link claims to take this issue seriously, but when show-stopping issues have persisted over a year, it's hard to take TP-Link's word seriously.

When will this be fixed?  If never, that's a fine answer, I just want an answer I can rely on.  Like others here, I have my own network devices to manage, and only wanted a reliable mesh network system without ceding administrative control over the rest of the network.

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-23 03:25:47

@TP-Link_Deco 

It's been two days, on top of well over six months since this was raised.  Costco's getting this one back, the Netgear Orbi seems to be doing the job.  I got burned about 6 years ago with a wifi repeater, I thought perhaps your QA might have improved.  Not buying TP-Link again.

Options