Tl-WA750RE - wifi connection on multiple phones - not laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-17 21:17:32
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.14.4 build 130408 rel.39429n

Hi there, 

i've successfully created my extender network on my tp link - using a different SSID name from my home wifi router, on the basis that I cannot see the extended network on my laptop.  

The extended netowrk name showns on the following wifi network options but not my laptop - I've successfully connected to the tp link extended wifi on 3 mobile devices and 1 ipad but my laptop seems to not show the network to connect to, do you know why this could be and how to resolve connection..?

Another sub question - should I have a different extended network name or should this be the same as the main wifi network name? 

Thanks for the help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tl-WA750RE - wifi connection on multiple phones - not laptop
2020-08-24 03:03:30

@weemic 

Good day.

The wireless name of the extender could be different or the same as the main router’s;

By the way, the model number is TL-WA750RE, not 850RE? and how long did you have the 750RE?

And if the laptop could not detect SSID of the 750RE, is it able to see some other network, like the main router’s

Was the laptop used to work with the range extender

Please try to manually add the SSID profile on the laptop to see if it is able to get connected: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/316/

Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 1