TL-R600VPN stops passing traffic or slows down to a crawl

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-25 21:51:47 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:02:52
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.41831

I recently installed this router in my home so I can load balance two separate internet connections - one is a DSL modem and the other a cable modem.  Since I've installed it and turned on load balancing and applicaiton optimized routing.  The cable modem is 20m up/350m down and the dsl modem is 10m up/40m down.  I have set these numbers in the WAN interface section.  Both WAN links are connected.  The DSL modem is on WAN1 and the Cable modem is on WAN 2.

several times a day, it seems to stop passing traffic - I can't get any websites to update and my work (RDP) sessions fail with a network time out.  After a few minutes or more, it magicly comes back by itself.  I have a log server set up and it gives no messages that something happened.  

There isn't much documentation I can find beyond some very cursory stuff that seems to agree with my configuration decisions for load balancing across both WAN ports.  

Thanks in advance for your help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-R600VPN stops passing traffic or slows down to a crawl
2020-08-26 12:10:39 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:02:52

Dear @Patrick4e3,

When it stops passing traffic, does the R600VPN router still get WAN IP address? Is there showing any message in the System Log?

Are all of the devices losing internet connection? Are you able to ping the default gateway and DNS server on the end devices?

Please also provide the network topology for analysis. Thank you so much!

Best regards!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:TL-R600VPN stops passing traffic or slows down to a crawl
2020-08-26 13:37:56 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:02:52

@Fae 

The router shows both links as up with appropriate IP addresses from each ISP when I have this issue.  I have not tried pinging either IP address when I've exprerienced this problem.  This is our live network with myself and my wife and kids working on it during the day so I have limited time to troubleshoot.  As far as topology:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 661

Replies: 2

Related Articles