Problems with new firmware on c2300 v2 and cannot downgrade to previous firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problems with new firmware on c2300 v2 and cannot downgrade to previous firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Problems with new firmware on c2300 v2 and cannot downgrade to previous firmware
2020-10-25 10:44:33

@AlDaGr 

Just as a matter of interest:

Was your problem also with the privateinternetaccess client generating ping packets which triggered the flood protection in the router?

Options
Re:Problems with new firmware on c2300 v2 and cannot downgrade to previous firmware
2020-11-09 17:40:21

@SeanBir can I ask if the beta firmware that you have been provided is a newer version of the firmware available?

is it possible to provide a copy of it?

thanks

Matteo

Options
2020-11-12 18:01:51

@SeanBir 

Similar, it was my Mullvad client.

Options
2020-11-12 18:23:33

@MatteoA 

No, the beta was actually just a version of the current firmware with the restriction removed that prevents downgrading.

To be honest , if you want to downgrade you would be better off just forcing the router into recovery mode which will allow you to downgrade rgeradless of the current firmware.

That process is described in post #9 by me in this thread.

I would be happy to share the beta with you but it is almost 32MB so cannot send by email but if you want to set up a shared dropbox or google drive  folder or something similar and PM the link to me I will drop the beta in there.

Options
2020-11-12 18:27:18

@AlDaGr 

Interesting. 

Was thinking about trialling Mullvad myself. Seems to get good reviews.

You happy with it?

Does it support Wireguard?

What sort of throughput do you get relative to your normal bandwidth? In theory Wireguard can maintain 90%+ of bandwith.

Options
Related Articles