WR2543ND keeps dropping wireless connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-07 00:27:33
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR2543ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : v1

ISP : plusnet

Hello , I have a WR2543ND router and everyday it drops the wireless connection . all the lights on the router stay on and im still connected to the router but it looses the internet connection . the windows trouble shooter says that it cannot connect to the dns server , I have to reset the router and my computer to get it working again . I Have updated the firmware but still the same , Can anyone help with this as its very annoying - thanks
Options
11 Reply
Re:WR2543ND keeps dropping wireless connection
2013-02-07 00:38:41
Can you try to complete gateway and DNS servers in DHCP configuration. Please upgrade firmware in your router.
Options
2013-02-07 21:20:37
Ok will give it a try - thankyou
Options
2013-02-20 23:12:53
How did you setup the combi modem/router, f.i. modem in Bridge mode or Router mode, modem connected to WAN or LAN port of router, switch off DHCP in router etc. etc.. We really need to know some more of your config to give good advices.
Did you specify IP-address of modem in router's first DNS server in DHCP and/or WAN settings?

Regards, Hugo
Options
2013-02-21 00:19:32
First device modem in Bridge, second router with WAN and PPPoE configuration on this port. There you type login and password from your ISP. Of course DHCP enable on second router.
Options
2013-02-21 00:30:50
Jimasek,

My question was for Buddy, how he did connect all devices.
Your msg is a proposal, I guess. Not all installations are the same, for instance my ISP does not need a PPOE connection, only simple DHCP on WAN. Furthermore, not all ISP's allow you to put your modem in bridge mode and sometimes you must ask them specifically to do that for you.

So let's wait for Buddy..:o
Options
2013-03-30 13:11:14
I had problems with connection to, but after some headache, I discovered that it was a network adapter driver's problem. Got it updated and the problem was gone. But still I think it's worth sharing with you.

I unboxed the router and imediately installed it. My network architecture is like Diego's (modem authenticates adsl, router distributes the signal). Well, after setup, wifi was working apparently normally, but suddenly the wireless signal in my notebook got restricted. In order to solve that, I just had to restart connection, but after some minutes, it would always happen again, and the computer would lost communication with the router. Even upgrading to the latest firmware available, the problem wouldn't solve.

Then I started looking for solutions, since I'm not an expert with networks, and all I got was a person telling the he had problems with connection, and after installing a third-party firmware (DD-WRT), the problem was solved.

So I did that, installed DD-WRT firmware, and after the setup, the connection worked normally.

Despite of having the problem solved, I thought that the DD-WRT demanded too much for a regular user like me to get things working, so I wanted to use the TP-LINK firmware. I installed the TP-LINK firmware back, and started doing some tests in order to debug the problem:

1) While connected to the router through cable, I ping the router for a while (to do that, just type cmd in Search Box in Windows 7, or in Run in previous Windows versions, press Enter, and when you have a window with the command line, type ping 192.168.0.1 -t). The result for the ping was normal (minimal latency, and no packet loss)
2) While connected to the router wirelessly, I did the same thing. Ping results were normal for wireless connections (little higher latency times, with some packet loss), but all of a sudden the latency started to rise, until ping response become "request timed out", and afterwards the router become unreachable. At this point, I had to reset the wifi connection in my notebook.
3) During the tests, I had other equipments connected to the router wirelessly, and I noticed that they didn't experience any loss of connection while the notebook did.

From those observations, it looked like that the problem was between notebook and router, so I thought it could be some setting that the notebook wasn't coping with.

But before starting testing different settings for the wireless connection, I did the basic: upgraded my notebook network adapter's driver. End of story, unstable wireless connection was gone.

It may look a simple problem with simple solution, but I just wanted to write it down because it's not everyday that we are messing around with network stuff, and when I found myself with a poor wireless while I was expecting an quality upgrade in my wifi, I got desperate looking for information, and didn't find anything helpful, nor had the wisdom to start from beginning.

I hope you find a solution to your problem.

Best regards,
Options
2013-03-31 00:02:16
Diobsb,

It is always good to update drivers of NW-cards, especially if only one is giving problems. Furthermore, as an addition, it is known that some newer Apple devices also can distort your NW, which is partly solved in the latest IOS updates.

For completeness : What is the brand and type of the NW- card for which you upgraded the driver?

Regards, Hugo
Options
2013-03-31 17:44:10
Hello there.

It's Intel's Centrino 6230

Maybe 10 years ago I'd be more neurotic about updating, but nowadays I'm more of a lazy user, worried only with Windows and Virus Database upgrade, at most. Aging...
Options
2013-04-30 04:47:40
The same issue here. It drops constanly. Upgrading the firmware in the router changes nothing. Playing with Wireless settings (and advanced) not helps as well.
Affected devices: 4 : 2 x Windows 8 Pro (different devices) + 2 x Windows RT.
Options
Kick: still some wireless problems
2013-07-18 22:50:13
Hi ya'll,

I thought i try and gain some info on this forum.
I bought a TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 N600 and loaded OpenWRT on it.

Now with the official firmware as OpenWRT i have the following problem:
Hardware: TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 N600
Client: N7100 Note2 Samsung

Wireless connection stays, can't ping to router nor outside world.
reconnecting solves the problem but it's a pain in the ass.
Also only a few meters from the router the speed is acceptable, but ferther away connection is slow and unstable (more than 55% packetdrops)

logs state nothing more than in simple words it has connection, nothing out of normal.

Anyone has a solution yet?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1435

Replies: 11

Related Articles