Deco P9 unstable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 unstable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
31 Reply
Re:Deco P9 unstable connection
2020-10-23 18:57:49

@Jaytea 

I'm just about to setup a set of P9's for my old man after the one mesh extenders i bought didn't work so well (old farmhouse, thick walls).  I'm hoping the PLC works nicely!

Having read this thread i don't think i'll be updating the firmware until there is consensus the new firmware is working well!

Options
2020-10-23 19:42:23

@Jaytea What was the temporary fix?  I'd like to try it because we have random drops and "Not connected to the internet" from multiple devices every day.  I spent a lot investing in Deco for my home and I'm beginning to wonder if I should have tried something else.  Really frustrating during this time when we have important distant work and school happening from home.  

Jaytea wrote

@ImARealMesh 

An update from me... I had contact with TP-Link engineer about a month ago. We had a remote session (about 2 hours) and he investigated my Decos.He found something, did a temporary fix and said they are working on a permanent solution.

After that I've had no problems at all.

Now there's an update available for my Decos but I have not updated yet. Maybe I should contact the same engineer and ask if I should perform the update or not.

Options
2020-10-23 20:54:54

@HarlanPepper i have exactly the same issue and can not understand why fixing this issue is taking so long.. we all bought "premium" mesh router with discs but i have to reboot my system on a daily bases to make it function again... 

i am also very curious what kind of fix the engineer did!

Options
2020-10-23 22:03:08

Since everyone mention tv devices, there is a 'hiddenish' setting in web interface, under Advanced > System > System Parameters > IGMP Feature. Try enabling it.

Options
2020-10-23 22:57:59

@levo what does the feature do?

Options
2020-10-24 01:44:59

Hi, @levo. What benefit does that feature provide?  

Options
2020-10-24 03:28:01

@Dre84 It's probably for IGMP snooping, which sends multicast packets only to a specific device.

https://routerguide.net/enable-igmp-snooping-on-or-off/

Options
2020-10-24 07:01:05

@HarlanPepper 

I have no idea. I installed Teamviewer to my laptop and allowed remote control to the Tp-Link engineer - trusting it really was a TP-Link engineer and not a criminallaugh. Using my laptop he connected directly to the Deco units using some kind of admin interface or something else very engineery. Most of the time there were two of them and they used a lot of time to analyze the problem.When they had identified the problem, they did something to fix the problem. Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't anything possible for us normal users.

I think you should post a detailed description of your problem and add a @-notification for TP-Link. Ask them if you could have the same fix I have. Or maybe it's already available as beta firmware you could install yourself without the engineer accessing your Decos.

Options
2020-10-24 17:22:58

@Jaytea @TP-Link is it possible that we could also have the same fix?

Options
2021-01-04 16:30:15

@Dre84 Hi Team,

i had sam problem. my Deco P9 drops frequentlly. light not changing but the signal drops for few secs and restore. my connection set up is like this

Virgin router - wired - Main Deco  --> wifi Deco --> wired desktop.

frequntly i can see my connections drops for few secs. this is really bad. so i have added the wifi entender between them

Virgin routes - wired - Main Deco  --> wifi extendter --> wifi Deco --> wired desktop.

still problem continue. 

i have another deco upstair and i can see freqnetly that is going off line. every time i have to try to connect. please suggest.

Options
Related Articles