"Troubles" in my LAN-WIFI Network, can't access other pcs.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-07 12:50:27
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR741ND

Hardware Version : V4.20.0

Firmware Version : 3.12.11

ISP : Wi-Max

Hello everybody, well I'm looking for some help, this is the network I had:

As you can see it's a simple network, I mostly use the network to share itunes library from PC CENTRAL to the other pcs, play games like counter strike and the like, and of course share the internet connection and copy files from one to another. I have to puntualize that all the computers are in the same room.

Last week my mom bought a Toshiba Satellite and I bought a TP-LINK TL-WR741ND so she can work in her room (which is pretty far if I want to make a wire connection), so I installed the WiFi but now this is how my network looks like:>

The case is that:

a) I can't access my toshiba from any other computer, but the toshiba can access any other using \\192.168.1.# command.

b) The PC Central's iTunes library can be played in toshiba's itunes.

c) I can't make an HomeGroup between the two pcs running w7. Actually the only one pc I want to be working in LAN with the toshiba is PC Central, but as I said earlier, PC Central can't access toshiba.

The settings in the TL-WR740N are: WAN working as Dynamic IP (got IP 192.168.1.46 submask 255.255.255.0 and gateway empty), lan 192.168.0.1, (I can't make it to be 192.168.1.#, I think that's impossible cause it always gives me an error 5008). MAC filtering and that's the only thing I changed from default settings.

If anybody could help me, I'd really really appreciate that.

Thank you for reading.
Options
5 Reply
Re:"Troubles" in my LAN-WIFI Network, can't access other pcs.
2013-02-07 20:49:20
If the lan IP of the toshiba computer is 1.X, then they may talk... Still not clear about the relationship between the toshiba computer and the wifi and the internet modem...
Options
2013-02-07 22:23:11
Actually the dynamic ip 192.168.0.101 is what DHCP from the Wi-Fi Router gives. I wanted to make the wifi router a part of the 1.x network, but said it's impossible because of "Error code: 5008 WAN IP address and LAN IP address cannot be in a same subnet. Please input another IP address." or explained in pictures:

And these are the settings at the toshiba:

The relationship between Router-Switch-WiFi-Toshiba is like this: The internet router gives internet to the pcs working with the switch (pc central, 1 - 4), but then I wanted to put the toshiba in the network via wifi, so I connected the Wi-Fi Router to the switch (using the WAN port in the wifi, and one slot in the switch). The switch is very simple btw, doesn't DHCP or anything, all the IPs in the computers were given manually.

So I wanted to have the Toshiba working with the switch network, right now the Toshiba can see other pcs, not in this way:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/valaraukar_melian/5-3_zpse37d229f.jpg

But this other way, accesing using the other pcs IP:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/valaraukar_melian/6-3_zps6cd74baf.jpg

What is wrong then? The other pcs can't access or even ping the toshiba. I guess it's as you said, because all my other pcs have 1.X ip, while the toshiba has 0.x.

If they are in different IP groups, then how can toshiba talk to the others? Actually I just want the PC Central to have connection with toshiba, I wanted to know if I buy another network card, and connect it to the LAN slots in the WiFi Router it can work.

PD.- Toshiba has Internet and can see PC Central's iTunes Library, and I don't know how that is possible.
Options
2013-02-08 00:29:55
This is my proposition how make DHCP configuration in TP-link - [EMAIL="http://www.jimasek.elektroda.eu/index.php/poradniki/38-wr740n-konfiguracja"] My Link[/EMAIL]
Options
2013-02-08 10:49:09
Did you try disabling the firewall in the WiFi router? This is safe to do because the router in the internet modem prevents the Toshiba from being exposed to the internet.

jimasek: your link is broken. ;)
Options
2014-04-13 13:41:49
LAN and WAN cant stay in the same subnet.
Options