Reduced and inconsistent WiFi speeds as of late.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-05 04:41:51 - last edited 2020-09-07 03:31:23
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

For the past year or so that I have had this adapter it has worked pretty good giving me a consistent and reliably fast internet connection. However, for the past week and half the adapter has been having serious issues, my internet speeds have been cut in half, (roughly 100 mbs to 40mbs) and frequently drops to below 1 mbs. Repairing the driver seems to work for about 10 minutes or so but then after that it goes back to how it used to be and i can repair again but this is very tedious. I have searched through these forums and have tried many possible solutions but none of them seem to work. I'm not sure what to do with it right now and would appreciate any help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Reduced and inconsistent WiFi speeds as of late.
2020-09-07 04:42:05

@Kathy_Z 

I have had the adapter for a little more than a year and a half, sytem info can be found in this screenshot: https://gyazo.com/c7c4a70f9521da89dcb6e140a2007f29 

I have never tried to change the wireless advanced settings on the main router at all. The driver you sent restores my upload speed to around 50ish but for some reason my download will not rise up above 40 mbs when in the past it was around 120.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 2

Related Articles