DHCP Issues on Wi-Fi Extender RE205

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP Issues on Wi-Fi Extender RE205

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:DHCP Issues on Wi-Fi Extender RE205
2020-10-26 15:44:16

@JewelieGB 

Exactly! I checked my system log for the RE205 v3. I can see multiple DHCP requests from the extender. It shouldn't happen right? Is there any way I can downgrade the firmware on the extender? 

Options
2020-10-26 15:57:27

PreetSinghvi wrote

Exactly! I checked my system log for the RE205 v3. I can see multiple DHCP requests from the extender. It shouldn't happen right? Is there any way I can downgrade the firmware on the extender? 

It doesn't look like there's any older versions of firmware published for the V3 hardware, so I don't think you can downgrade, no.  crying 

I'm crossing my fingers and really hoping TP-Link will fix this bug promptly (I certainly won't purchase further TP-Link hardware unless they do.)

Options
2020-10-26 16:00:20
Oh right v3 doesn’t have older firmware. And there’s no third party firmware as well. I hope they fix this soon. This extender is of no use to me as I bought it only to use as an access point. I hope TP Link takes notice of this and fixes the issue with their firmware.
Options
2020-10-30 09:59:59

@PreetSinghvi 

Hello, thanks a lot for your time and patience.

We had a beta firmware about RE205 V3 to fix the DHCP issue, and please have a check of your message box and try to update the beta firmware;

Thanks a lot.

Options
Related Articles