Deco x60 drops clients on 5Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-11 21:23:55
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Some of my wifi devices kept dropping and I couldnt figure out why. I turned off the 5Ghz and it seems stable now.

Wifi analizer shows a lot of neighborhood traffic bunched up on 5G channel 36 (same as my Deco). Could this be a factor? Apparently there is no option to change the channel.

Anyone else have disconnect problems on 5Ghz?

I also have a guest network running both 5Ghz and 2.4. Guests also has dropping problems for devices on 5Ghz. Very frustrating for zoom meetings and such.
Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco x60 drops clients on 5Ghz
2020-09-11 21:34:40
Options
Re:Deco x60 drops clients on 5Ghz
2020-09-13 19:46:42

@YoM If you are using wired backhaul with the TEG-S80ES or any Smart Switch for that matter, you will find that you have to set up a VLAN in the TEG-S80ES to allow client devices on the guest network to roam between the Deco units. If you dont, then when the device roams to another Deco unit it is no longer able to communicate and seems like the network is unresponsive with no ping to any devices.

YoM wrote

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 605

Replies: 2