Connect two WA830RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connect two WA830RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connect two WA830RE
Connect two WA830RE
2013-02-08 03:04:12
Region : Spain

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : N/A

Hi,

Can I connect two TL-WA830 repeaters to further amplify my internet.
1) I have internet on a wr1043
2) I want to install a repeater at about 40 feet
3) I then want to install another repeater at another 50 feet from the repeater (2) to repeat the signal once again.

Will I have significant signal loss ? the reason I need to install two repeaters is due to walls/roofs. I understand that with a repeater the speed is divided by 2, So will the speed from repeater (3) be only 25% of the original router (1)

Hope this is not a stupid question, would really appreciate an opinion.

Thanks in advance
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect two WA830RE
2013-02-08 15:33:54
Why does the wireless transmission rate speed down, while the wireless signal is stronger after repeated by TL-WA830RE?
In compliance with the wireless transmission protocol, all the Range Extender devices are set to work in half-duplex instead of full-duplex mode. In other words, the Range Extender has to process one-way communication between your root Wireless Router (or AP) and the terminal clients; so the transmission time will be double-increased, while the speed will be half- decreased.

From Appendix C: http://www.tp-link.com/resources/document/TL-WA830RE_V2_User_Guide.pdf
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 1

Related Articles