Range extender to access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-08 17:45:52
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA701ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
First time poster...tp link and chinese new year celebrations made me do it,im really bamboozled!

I installed a TL-WA730RE Range extender with a TL- ANT 2424B External antenna outside and installed a TL- WA701ND Access point onto an TL- ANT 2424B external antenna about half a mile away, both antennas have line of sight with each other, both where working fine until a power fail on the site caused it to go down.
When i reset the range extender and access point the range extender is showing me the access point has 31db so it can clearly see it, yet when i ping it after setting it up it either takes 2000mili seconds to get a reply or it times out,this was pinging perfectly no more than 10milisecs

The range extender is set to 192.168.1.253
The access point is set to 192.168.1.252
DHCP is switched off
Security is switched off
Channels are set to AUTO (yet when i change them to a specific number (eg 13) it makes no difference)

I have a Tp Link TL WR841N (192.168.1.254)wireless n router connected to the range extender through ethernet
When pinging the range extender from the router i get full feedback in 1 millisecond yet i cannot ping the access point.

I have nothing else near these ip addresses on the router and this is NOT being used for internet access its for LAN only

I am under severe pressure to get this resolved and your quick response would be greatly appreciated
Options
2 Reply
Re:Range extender to access point
2013-02-09 16:18:36
You'd better post a brief topology of your network.
If TL-WA701ND is working as an access point, it should be connected to root device with a network cable to access internet and broadcast its SSID.
Since TL-WA830RE is connected to your root device, is it working as an access point or range extender? It seems there are some conflicts in your network topology.
Options
Re:Range extender to access point
2013-02-10 08:08:04
Thanks for the reply
So are you saying I'm doin it the wrong way around?
It worked his way before
I was streaming cameras from a DVR on a local network this way
Gotta do a bit of changing,up to the roof I go

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 2

Related Articles