Media server (DLNA) doesn't work anymore on Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-20 21:03:41
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180305 Rel.51282n

I was using the media share function of Archer C7 with 2 USB drives for a long time and it kinda worked (doesn't index most files but at least some appear).

Then I was moving the router to another room and media share just stopped working, no device can see it anymore.

I already tried deleting .TPDLNA folders and rebooting a bunch of times and the folder is created on the first usb stick but no files are created under there.

Tried reseting to factory settings and used a new USB stick with just 2 mp4 and a few photos and it's the same: .TPDLNA folder gets created but no files inside it and media share does NOT work. multiple reboots and all.

SMB network share works 100% so I know router is reading the usb sticks just fine. 

It seems something went terrible wrong inside this router and now the media server just doesn't work, it starts the process but never indexes anything (probably crash?).

What can I do for media share to work again or do a more hard 'reset' to really restore the router to factory state? Any way to see any kind of logs to see the error the media server process is getting? Or do I need to just get DD-WRT?

I know DLNA doesn't work very well in this router but in the past at least it kinda worked, now it's dead. HELP!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1309

Replies: 0