Laptop and another computer regulary disconnects from Wifi and connects again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-21 18:17:52 - last edited 2020-09-22 19:04:31
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have to computers (one laptop and one PC) that are regularly disconnecting from my home Wifi. More or less twice an hour. After having disconnected, they immediatly connect again.

I noticed this because of brief losses of access to the Web. I can monitor these disconnections in the Microsoft Windows event viewer, who shows this by recording events 8003 and 10001, and immediatly afterwards events 8001 and 10000.

When I’m connecting my computers to my home router by cable (Ethernet) I haven’t got any issue.

I have tried to connect the laptop to the PC, using the PC as access point (himself conneted by cable) :  the same disconnecting/reconnecting issue occurs with the laptop.

I tried to connect the laptop on another Wifi, in another building, and it works perfectly

The internet provider already changed the router and monitored to see if there was a problem :  nothing was found.

As the problem occurs with both computers only on my home Wifi, I would think there is a problem with my router. But as there is no problem by cable and as the problem occurs even with the laptop connected to the other computer as access point, I would say it doesn’t come from the router.

If the problem was occuring only with one computer, I would think it’s the adapter or the driver. But on both computers at the same time (with different adapters) it would be an incredible coincidence. 

What do you think ?

My laptop is a Sony VAIO. The network adapter is Intel Centrino Advanced N-6235. Driver version is 15.16.0.2. Running is Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnal 64 bits (10.0.19041 Build 19041)

The PC is a self build one. The network adapter is TP-Link AC1300 Archer T6E V1.1. Last driver is installed. Running is Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bits (19041.508).

Thanks for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Laptop and another computer regulary disconnects from Wifi and connects again
2020-09-22 19:03:59

@Kathy_Z 

Hi,

The driver you suggested me to download is installed and it works perfectly smiley Problem is solved !  Many thanks yes

I have had the Archer T6E for three years and it always worked perfectly.

What happened ?  Any compatibility issue between the driver and an update of Windows maybe ?

You'll find the system info in the attached file. I installed the driver you suggested before making a screenshot of the faulty one, but I can tell you I dowloaded the faulty one from here :   TP-Link Archer T6E Driver Actually I was surprised, because the website says the driver was published in 2020, but when I gave a look in the device manager after having installed it, it was written 2014, if I remember well. If it helps you in any way, I would be glad to reinstall the faulty driver and send a screenshot of the device manager. Feel free to ask.

I guess you will very soon replace the driver published on your website, right ?

What about the static IP ?  Do you think It would still give more stability to my system ?  I tried to give a static IP to my laptop, but it didn't change anything to the issue.

Apropos Laptop :  do you have any clue for me ?  I guess there is also a driver problem...

Again, many thanks and kind regards.

File:
System info.JPGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 533

Replies: 2