Two buildings Deco M9 Plus + CPE110 between?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-25 15:26:17
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am considering buying about 6 Deco M9s and connecting them in two separate buildings with two CPE110s. I have an Inteno XG6846 media converter/switch for the incoming 250 MB/s fiber connection. It is possible for me to bury a cable instead. The buildings are 15m apart and made of timber.

I am wondering:

1) Can the Decos + CPEs be connected directly to the switch 

2) Would the CPE110s be a bottleneck and would it be beter to put ina cable.

3) Would the Decos be able to pick up each other wirelessly and maybe I don't need any cable/CPE110

The end result I want is a meshed network in the two buildings with the 1 wifi network and 1 guest network available in both.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Two buildings Deco M9 Plus + CPE110 between?
2020-09-26 06:14:06

@bc123 Find below your answers

1.Yes

2.Cable is always best + CPE 110 is only 2.4 Ghz it will not support a 250 MBPS connection properly and will definitely be a bottleneck

3. Theoretically it is possible but actual speed and stability depends on various factors you will need to practically try it to check how feasible it is.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 368

Replies: 1

Related Articles