Deco M5 issues while Google Meet group calls are on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-25 18:12:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.2, 1.4.4 and 1.4.7

Almost everyday when my daughter is using Google Meet on a group call for school, all other internet connections drop however the Google meet call keep going. It is a very frustrating issue that while the class is on, we lose our connection on all other devices. Right after the Google meet session is over, the internet comes back on all other devices.

I have this issue since I purchased the Deco M5 on the beginning of July trying to figure out where the issue is. I tried several firmware, the 1.4.4 then 1.4.7 and finally decided to rollback to a previous beta firmware 1.4.2 which fortunately worked like a wonder for two weeks. It might have been a coincidence since the issue returned.

Modem (bridge mode) is connected to the Deco M5 that works in router mode. 2nd Deco is linked through WiFi to main while the 3rd one is linked through the ethernet backhaul having an Apple Airport Extreme as a switch. I tried removing the Ethernet backhauld and using Wifi for all backhauls but the issue still persists. I used to have another D-Link acting as a switch on another room, but since there is an issue with packets forwarding I turned that off and excluded that from the network to eliminate variables.

I searched for anything related to Google Meet Group calls impacting on other connections but couldn't find anything. I was wondering if anyone else have the same issue or if anyone has any clues on what I could do.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 issues while Google Meet group calls are on
2020-09-25 18:21:54

More info to add.

QoS standard

Tested setting devices with high priority turned on and off. Currently disabled

Tested with Antivirus enabled/disabled. currently disabled

No automations/No parental controls/No blacklists

Options

Information

Helpful: 0